One of my favourite meals is Thai Curry. I love the taste and the mixture of some fresh vegetables and delicious-spicy coconut cream. And peanuts. Oh, I just love peanuts in all forms! This recipe is perfect for my cravings: Roasted veggies in coconut “soup” with rice and peanut butter tofu. You just have to try it! :)
Vegan Vegetable Thai Curry
What you need:
For the Thai curry
1 big carrot
50 g snow peas
5 baby corns
1 heaped tsp mung bean sprouts
Coconut milk + water
1 big tsp yellow curry paste
1 tsp ground ginger
and fresh cilantro for decoration
For the tofu
100 g tofu
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (unsweetened)
1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
For the rice
1 cup rice
2-3 cups water
1 tsp vegetable broth
How to make it:
1. As a start, cook the rice. Put water, rice and vegetable broth in a pot and cook over medium heat.
2. In the meantime, cut the tofu in cubes and roast them with oil in a pan until golden-brown.
3. While your tofu is roasting, cut all your vegetables for the curry.
4. Roast the vegetables in a second pan for two or three minutes. Then add the yellow curry paste, dried cilantro, peanuts, ginger and cinnamon. Again, roast for one or two minutes.
5. Now add coconut milk and some water. You can add as much as you like, depending on if you like it more liquid (like a soup) or not.
6. In the end take your tofu, pour soy sauce over it and immediately add maple syrup and peanut butter. Stir well and set aside.
7. Decorate your curry with cilantro and sesame and serve immediately :)
Idea, Words, Photography: Diana Ranegger