The perfect last-minute father’s day present: A raw-vegan strawberry cheesecake. Looks fancy and time-consuming but is actually super-fast and easily done. The only thing you mustn’t forget: To soak the cashews and to chill the coconut milk the day before.
If it’s not strawberry season anymore you could also try this recipe with fresh raspberries or blueberries or – perfect for autumn and winter – with your favourite defrosted berries. And of course you could double the portion of the cake to make a bigger one (or two, if you prefer). But no worries, the cake has the perfect size for a 4 or 5 people family (I’ve tried that!). Happy making!
You want to see more raw-vegan recipes? HERE is our recipe for our Walnut Tart HERE our collection of raw-vegan dishes. But for all berry fans: Happy making and have fun with this strawberry cheesecake! ♥️
Raw-vegan strawberry cheesecake
What you need (for a 20cm :
For the crust
1 cup walnuts
1 cup dates, soaked in water after measuring
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
For the cheesecake layer
1 1/4 cups cashews, soaked in water over night (or at least 4 hours)
the cream of 1 coconut milk can
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
1/8 to 1/4 cup maple syrup (or some raw-vegan alternative such as date syrup)
1 cup fresh strawberries (or defrosted ones, should work as well)
oil for the pan
fresh strawberries and mint or lemon balm as decoration
How to make it:
1. Put all the ingredients for the crust in your blender and blend until you have a sticky mixture. It’s okay if there are some bigger nut pieces.
2. Grease a baking pan with a little coconut oil. Put the date-walnut-mixture inside and press it in form.
3. Now put all the soaked cashews in your blender and blend until smooth. Add all the other ingredients for the cream (except the strawberries) and mix again until well combined.
4. Put half of the cream on top of your crust. You can either make two layers of cream (a light one and a pink one) or you make a light core (as I did it) and hide the light part inside of the cake.
5. Now add the strawberries to the rest of the cream in the blender and mix once more. Put the pink layer on top of your cake and spread until you have a smooth and even surface. Decorate with fresh strawberries and mint.
6. Now let the cake rest in the fridge for a few hours until the cream is firm. You could also freeze it shortly (but then be sure to add the decoration after freezing).
7. As soon as your cake is firm you can serve it. Makes also a great breakfast for champions ;)
Idea, Words, Photography: Diana Ranegger